Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Visited Dealer

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  eddarrah 
#1 ·
I visited the dealer over the weekend. A few things...

1. I'd reported before that when I have to slam on the brakes (someone pulled out in front of me), the dang car started shaking and jumping from side to side. Took it to the dealer and they said it's normal....it's the anti lock brake system keeping it from skidding. Not happy with that answer, but FYI.

2. I mentioned the broken door handles that a lot of people hav ebeen reporting on this forum, and the service manager said he'd never heard of that on the Niro (but had on some of the other models). Which is good for me....makes me think the bad ones are a bad "batch" that is somewhere other than here in Georgia.

3. One of the tech guys helped me reset the voice recognition software in the car, which he hoped would resolve the many issues I have with it. But no, it's just as bad as ever.

So that's what happened on my trip to the dealer! Still loving everything else about the car and getting ready to take it on a road trip this week (like the rest of the USA)! I hope I don't have to slam on the brakes!

#3 ·
Not a good look and I hope these are things they plan on addressing before the Stinger comes to market because by the looks of it right now the Stinger will the biggest thing they have going for the brand. Topping it off they might want up to $50k for it, something i'm ready and willing to pay once build quality is where it needs to be.

#5 ·
We had 1 rear door handle come off. The dealer immediately ordered the recall kit, which is 3 door handles, not driver door, to be replaced even if only ONE breaks off. He said the reason the are not doing the driver door is due to the fact that the keylock would have to be a custom replacement to match key and lock and it would be a nightmare to do that on all driver door handles that have not broken. Understandable. it also appears that this fix may be covered beyond warranty for the entire life of the car for the ORIGINAL owner, lifetime warranty coverage. Very happy with Kia service!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.