Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2917 Niro not from a Kia dealer but a dealer of used cars. He bought it at auction and it was a Kia lease vehicle. It only has 22,300 miles on it and I know I get the standard warranty until 60K. Had I bought it from a Kia dealer I would have gotten the warranty until 100K is what I understand. Is there any way I can get a dealer to certify it and get me the 100K warranty?

I love this car and as soon as the used plug in model hits the market I’m trading up to it. Also, what is the largest category receiver hitch that I can install?

Thanks.

Rod

·
Registered
355 Posts
<< Is there any way I can get a dealer to certify it and get me the 100K warranty? >>.

I too have been watching the used market. My understanding matches yours regarding the diff between buying used Kia from a non-Kia dealer. I have been told that dealers add ~ $1,500 to the price of used Kia if it is Certified.
I doubt that you can get a Kia dealer to certify a used model purchased elsewhere. That said, why not call a couple of different dealers & give it a try? If you do so please let the rest of us know what the response is?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts