Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this just recently, my 2020 Niro Touring did not come with the security pull and latch cover that goes in the very back but the cutouts are there where the unit would fit in and where it would secure in place in the interior body molding but no cover came with the car.

Was I supposed to get one of these? I want it, surely they don't only keep it for the most expensive model only? All the ones online only show that they will fit '17 to '19 and not the '20 model...I really haven't seen much of anything reguarding the 2020 model, hardly anything from other vendors and even youtube only really has '17 to '19 videos so it doesn't show all of my features or the new all digital dash I have that comes on the new models now. Also the key fob is like that on a Telluride, it's pretty nice, buttons are on the slim side and not the face of the fob so it's almost impossible to accidintally hit a button and just looks neat but supposedly the remote start is able to be used by pressing the lock button a couple times and then the hatch release button right after and certain models start. Can't figure out mine, the only videos with the new key are for the Telluride.... Anyway I've only had it a week so I have a lot of learning to do.

If anyone can tell me if I was supposed to get that security cover that would be great. Also if anyone else has the newest model and the same key fob and can give me some pointers that would be great. I have read through the manual and it covers the new model and the previous model and only shows the fob with the face buttons...

·
Super Moderator
1,214 Posts
If it was listed on your window sticker, then you should have received it. If it's not there, then no. It did come with my '19 PHEV, but I have no idea if they made changes for '20.

Another thing you could do is use the KIA web site and look up what the Touring is supposed to have, and see if it's included or an accessory. From what I can see, on the HEV Touring model it's an optional accessory.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I doubt the cargo cover has changed. More likely the sites you looked at just hadn't updated for the latest model. Seems common not to update sites in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I guess it didn't come with this model. It's not listed on their site as an option....kiastuff has them and just updated the site to include the '20 models. Now I'm curious about the weathertech floor liners, they say they fit '17-19 and from what I have seen, they didn't change anything on the floor pans from 2019 to 2020 but I don't want to jump on them until they verify that they will fit the new model. I love Weathertech's and with where I live and what I do for a living, good floor mats that are capable for plenty of mud and seat covers will be needed sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a 19 PHEV EX Premium and mine came with the cargo cover and it was not included on the window sticker as an additional accessory. The only accessories I had added to the sticker were the all-weather mats and the cargo net. I kept the mats but told them to take the net off. It was in a box in the trunk and hadn’t been installed yet so they took it back and credited me for it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update, it seems like the '17 and up fit the same. They updated the years of fitment on Kia Stuff.com to include the 2020 Touring and I ordered one. It came in pretty quickly and fits like a dream. It's got felt liners on both ends and I haven't noticed any new noises. My experience with KiaStuff.com was great.

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
@AlgaeKiller , for the "cargo cover" in the 2020 USA models, they are available only in the EX PREMUIM version for the HEV and for the EX and EX PREMIUM PHEV only... Not for the touring!

And the Horizon Blue color is very nicce for the 2020...

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
The Touring model has different side panels than every other model and thus cannot accommodate the cargo cover? That's a new one on me. Bizarre for sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Touring model has different side panels than every other model and thus cannot accommodate the cargo cover? That's a new one on me. Bizarre for sure.
No, they seem to be the same....just not included when purchased. Kiastuff.com updated their site soon after I posted this thread for the cargo cover that fits '17 through 2020 models so the fitment is the same, just not included. I ordered the cover and it fit perfectly. I just don't understand why a higher up model didn't come with this cover but it's all good, I have the cover now and it works great.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Cargo covers are usually port installed accessories. Those are always an extra charge that appears on the window sticker. If higher trims come with for no extra charge, that is news to me but possible.

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV Touring
9 Posts
I am late to reply here, but I have the exact same model and had the exact same question. Oddly enough, I haven't missed the cargo cover yet. I've just decided the tinting is sufficient and don't leave anything of "real" value back there.
Love my Niro, tho. Hope you do too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts