Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've bought a new Kia Niro Hybrid six months ago and everything worked fine untill recently.
In the last week or so the waze installed on my car won't start neither by the "nav"\"maps" button nor from the apps menu.
The app came installed with the car and I use it via my mobile phone's hotspot.

How to make waze work again.

Thanks a lot! :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just use waze on my phone and plug the phone into the 12v. outlet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For Waze you need AA or CP to connect and a cable in the front USB-plug.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
How to make waze work again.
Not clear from your post, but did Waze ever work? Did you hack the infotainment unit to install it? And is there some reason why running Waze from your phone won't work? Perhaps you don't want to plug the phone in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not clear from your post, but did Waze ever work? Did you hack the infotainment unit to install it? And is there some reason why running Waze from your phone won't work? Perhaps you don't want to plug the phone in?
For The first 6 months, the Waze worked just fine via wi-fi. I got it with the car in the dealership so I guess the infotainment system was not hacked to install waze.
I can't plug the phone in because AA is not available in my country and I prefer not to use the phone as a navigation unit for safety reasons.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you have an Android-smartphone you need AA to connect to the car. It is not an extra app, it is build-in the systems, smartphone and car.
P.S. I have an iPhone, maybe on Android you have to use AndroidAuto-App ...
but I read in other forums, that some Android smartphone may have trouble with connecting to the car ...

·
Super Moderator
549 Posts
it might be helpful if you you let us know what country you are in. i have not heard of KIA having a local version of waze installed on a head unit. i have it on my Andriod Phone and used it via the Andriod Auto. Well, until i upgraded my Pixel phone to version 11 and not waze doesn't work right. I have heard from others that Andriod 11 is not the most friendly with cars and should hold off upgrading for it to get fixed. Oh well, too late for me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts