Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Niro EX Premium (White / Lt. Gray)
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting ready to place an order for one of these two for my new 2020 EX Premium which I will be picking up on Thursday. I'll try to attach two photos to show a comparison below. Are Weathertech worth the extra $50 (for front and rear set)? I'm leaning towards the Maxliner which is now being rebranded as "Smartliner" from what I've read. I've ruled out OEM and TuxMats for various reasons and it's down to these two. Which do you vote for, and why? Thanks for your help. I realize there are many posts regarding mats, so I hope you don't mind a request regarding this comparison.
Black Floor Mat Flooring

Floor Flooring Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Have you read all the mat posts? Some of them, perhaps including your options, have toxic smells.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm getting ready to place an order for one of these two for my new 2020 EX Premium which I will be picking up on Thursday. I'll try to attach two photos to show a comparison below. Are Weathertech worth the extra $50 (for front and rear set)? I'm leaning towards the Maxliner which is now being rebranded as "Smartliner" from what I've read. I've ruled out OEM and TuxMats for various reasons and it's down to these two. Which do you vote for, and why? Thanks for your help. I realize there are many posts regarding mats, so I hope you don't mind a request regarding this comparison.
I have the Maxliner's in my '18 PHEV and they're great. Excellent fit and very durable. They definitely get my vote.

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
369 Posts
We bought front and rear Maxliners for our 2019 Niro PHEV EX . We have been happy with the fit and function. We decided on them over Weathertech due to the cheaper price.

For the rear cargo area we bought a Weathertech custom fit cargo liner and have been satisfied with it.

Here are some links to another thread on this forum for floor liners :

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies! The Maxliner/Smartliner really look good. I've not heard anyone say that those had a chemical or toxic smell. I just ordered a set directly from Smartliner which is out of Orlando. They also sent a 10% coupon to my email so they were about $125 with tax and no charge to ship.
As for the cargo area, the Niro was packaged with the OEM cargo tray (which I will see on Thursday when I pick the car up) but I also ordered the carpeted cargo mat with seat back protection. I seem to have the back seats down a fair amount for hauling stuff and wish I had something in my last vehicle to protect the seat backs too. I had velcro "blocks" two vehicles ago and would like to get them as well but I don't see them listed as an official accessory. I suppose most aftermarket blocks would work. Let me know if you're aware of any, please.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went with the Max liner due to price. Had them for the last year in my Niro and they have been great. I like how they provide more protection than the OEM all weather mats. I had Max liner in my Honda Pilot for 5 years and then the Weather Tech in a Subaru Outback, Subaru Baja, and Toyota Sienna for 10 years prior. The weather Tech was nice from a protective standpoint, but the material was stiffer and never fit right. The Max liner in the two cars I have had them in has a more uniform fit so no gaps along the sides.

Just my experience, YMMV.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I installed the Maxliners last night after I arrived home with the new Niro. Wow, I'm really impressed by the fit and overall look of these mats! I haven't driven with them in the car yet, but as long as they don't interfere with the pedals, etc., I'm sure I'll be very satisfied. One note however is that if you order them direct from the Smartliner website in Florida, they advertise them with the "Smartliner" brand and even show them photographed that way. When the arrived, they had the "Maxliner" brand logo on them. It's not a big deal but certainly is not very transparent on their part. I think they are transitioning to the "Smartliner" brand and must have a lot of remaining inventory with the old logo on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts