Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed Wind Deflectors on my 2018 Niro EX Premium. I have had Wind Deflectors on all of my cars since my 1979 Mazda RX-7. I don't particularly care for the Tape-On versions and always do In-Channel installs. The strange thing is that these Weathertech deflectors aren't even available from the Weathertech web site.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 EX Premium
1 Posts
Today I installed Wind Deflectors on my 2018 Niro EX Premium. I have had Wind Deflectors on all of my cars since my 1979 Mazda RX-7. I don't particularly care for the Tape-On versions and always do In-Channel installs. The strange thing is that these Weathertech deflectors aren't even available from the Weathertech web site.
I know the reason for that. I bought my 1st Niro in July of 2018. A very nice 2018 EX Premium model. I looked for window wind deflectors ( as I don't like Kia's tape on deflectors). I found 3 different web sites that listed Weathertech in channel visors. Only 1 site listed the part number. So I called Weathertech and spoke to their customer service department. They were surprised about those visors. I thought maybe someone was selling counterfeit Weathertech parts.
But they found the part number in their system. Those are made only for the European and other countries models. Not for US models. I do know from being in the automotive field that other countries auto models have different safety and equipment differences (including glass thickness). CS had no idea if they would work on a US model. They did say that they would pass my information to their technical department. They also said they would contact the web sites selling those visors. 2 sites removed them.
I still wonder why Weathertech hasn't offered them for the US models.
I'm glad they worked for you. Are they a solid fit? Not too loose or too tight? Your pictures are good.
I just bought a 2019 Niro EX. Great cars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't understand why WT has a problem, the Kia door components are identical for all Niro years. The were scary to install but the fit like a glove and I am so glad that I didn't have to settle for tape-ons or the Heko in-channel deflectors.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro Phev SX Touring (EX Premium USA)
29 Posts
I don't understand why WT has a problem, the Kia door components are identical for all Niro years. The were scary to install but the fit like a glove and I am so glad that I didn't have to settle for tape-ons or the Heko in-channel deflectors.
Can you give me the model # for the weathertech deflector

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure, Part # WTWD-82871. Two things, these are not even on Weathertech's web site and this is the only place that had them Vent Visors & Window Deflectors. And when you go to install the front ones, you have to bend them like a boomerang to get them in. Let me know how it works out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, looks like you just need to click in the "Vent visors and wind deflectors" in red.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts