Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other night when I was inside my car, I started hearing this low buzzing sound that seemed to come from the right rear seat. I have never heard of this noise before. Has anyone had something similar to this?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Maybe the fan to cool the HV-battery, it is located under the back seats. There is an opening on the left side below the seat.

Reactions: FlNiro

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
There is also a fuse back there for the traction battery that has been known to fail. I think there is a recall for any car showing symptoms. Such a noise is cause for concern and I'd have the dealer evaluate it. Not a safety concern though, more of a dead car issue with more hassle to deal with while it (and you) are immobile.

Could be a fan motor issue too, at least if the start algorithms test it every time the car is turned on. If there is a battery heat sensor that is reporting a high temperature requiring the fan, that also could be concerning.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is also a fuse back there for the traction battery that has been known to fail. I think there is a recall for any car showing symptoms. Such a noise is cause for concern and I'd have the dealer evaluate it. Not a safety concern though, more of a dead car issue with more hassle to deal with while it (and you) are immobile.

Could be a fan motor issue too, at least if the start algorithms test it every time the car is turned on. If there is a battery heat sensor that is reporting a high temperature requiring the fan, that also could be concerning.
I don’t know if this has anything to do with the Las Vegas trip I just took because it was hot like 118 degrees.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Go to your dealer and let's check it for safety!

Reactions: Sstr Maria

·
Registered
1 Posts
So the other night when I was inside my car, I started hearing this low buzzing sound that seemed to come from the right rear seat. I have never heard of this noise before. Has anyone had something similar to this?
Yes I haves the same problem and now my car KIA Niro PHEV 2019 left me on the street 3 times already the battery die and I have to tow the car. I can’t even travel because I don’t fell confident.

·
Registered
121 Posts
For such cases I have a jump starter in my NIro ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe I've experienced the same issue after a 7 hour trip (only second such trip, and first without a rest stop).
Planning to take it to the dealership but I'm not confident they'll find much if I can't reproduce it.

I did capture an example of the sound to share here to confirm/inform others. https://soundcloud.com/user-49655898-106351608%2Fbeep
Given all of the indicator lights, warnings, etc. I'm surprised anything in this car is as casual as a muffled 90s beep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts