Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Went camping! This is what went in...

13K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  cockedandglocked 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Nice!!

You have packed an amount for your fun, that equals the amount of gear my wife & I would pack up on our yearly sojourn to the Reno Air Races every September.... Nice!!
What was mpg carrying all that tonnage around?? I'll be the first one to admit, if you can't take it with you on vacation, why go??? We even had a small microwave with us, for years, that made life bearable!!
It's nice we can pack all that stuff, you sure can't pack a Prius like that!!

#3 ·
What was mpg carrying all that tonnage around??
Well, I don't know how much weight there actually is for it. I honestly don't think it changes it too much. If anything I think the distance we drive caused the most difference. Still average between 44-50, depending on how bat-poop crazy I drive.

Reactions: KK6PD
#7 ·
No, but there is a weight limitation in the cargo area, especially in the base model. I ripped out the seat and the cargo area crap and covered the whole thing with 3/4 plywood. Nicely done of course with carpet and insulation, but effectively no weight limit. I did it more to carry a bicycle inside upright and still sleep in the car, but I could haul a lot of heavy stuff if I needed to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.