Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just added the OEM Kia roof rack cross bars to my vehicle. I found them online from a source that a good friend recommended highly for OE parts and accessories. The site a has a large selection, excellent service and low prices. I'm really pleased with the way the cross bars look on my vehicle. These are the my new cross bars https://www.kiapartsnow.com/genuine/kia-crossbar~g5211ade00al.html

·
Registered
50 Posts
First thing I did, replace the interior blubs with LED's, why on earth are manufactures still using old bulbs and LED's are so in-expensive and last so long.

The - hatch light was such a major improvement and replacing the festoon bulb, in the center dome light was a remarkable upgrade too, and no real heat generated by the bulb (watch when removing the festoon, mine was very hot to the touch).

·
Registered
198 Posts
I honestly have no idea why they still stick with horrible interior bulbs... The price difference shouldn't be that great and they buy them in bulk anyways so there's room for negotiations.

·
Registered
45 Posts
First thing I did, replace the interior blubs with LED's, why on earth are manufactures still using old bulbs and LED's are so in-expensive and last so long.

The - hatch light was such a major improvement and replacing the festoon bulb, in the center dome light was a remarkable upgrade too, and no real heat generated by the bulb (watch when removing the festoon, mine was very hot to the touch).
Where did you get them from? I found a few options on eBay, but not sure about its quality.

·
Registered
50 Posts
just put a self dimming rear view mirror in yesterday (Gentex) picked it up on ebay for ~$40 took all of 15 minutes to install. Loved it last night, works wonderful

And changed out the fog light bulbs to LED major improvement for not much monery!

·
Registered
45 Posts
just put a self dimming rear view mirror in yesterday (Gentex) picked it up on ebay for ~$40 took all of 15 minutes to install. Loved it last night, works wonderful

And changed out the fog light bulbs to LED major improvement for not much monery!
Can you please attach the link to it? I'm really concerned about the quality of it, but if you already have them I might just buy the same model.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can you please attach the link to it? I'm really concerned about the quality of it, but if you already have them I might just buy the same model.
I've put 3 of these mirrors in various cars. By far one of the most rewarding "mods" you can do. It's not too difficult and you get the benefit everytime that jerk with high beams on behind you comes up. I had one with a temp sensor, many have compasses. They are for the most part completely self contained, and need just two wires 12V and Ground. My temp sensor version had to have a "thermister" but it is easily found also, just plugged right in and done.

Gentex is legit, don't even think about any other brand, they are the OEM for 80% of the entire automotive industry!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I added a 10" LED light bar behind my lower grill to greatly increase lighting up the road ahead when my High Beams are on. This was not an easy install since you have to remove the front bumper to get behind the grill, install a relay hooked up to 12 volts and run wires thru the engine bay wall into the cabin for the switch. Space is very limited and care had to be taken to not interfere with the automatic radiator shutters. I drive a lot during the night time hours and this has been a big help from the stock lighting on my EX.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the windows tinted, put the words Hybrid Hamster Cousin on the back cause I think its cute, wash, wax. Took it to Destin Fla and back to Sevierville, Tn for about 80.00 round trip. Yes, I have a lead foot. Could have gotten better mileage if I wasn't in such a hurry. Loving my Niro!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Filled up our Niro EX for the first time since we got it 4 weeks ago, and we're happy to have the Niro as gas prices keep going up, today at CAD $1.30 per liter, which is around USD $3.80 per gallon. Also, gave it a wash using Mr. Pink Super Suds Soap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Replaced interior lights with LEDs for around $6. Everything looks much nicer and brighter. I used the following:

Front map lights: 2x GOK T10 6SMD5730 LED 6000K 2W 300LM
Center dome light: 1x Festoon 31mm COB LED 6000K 1W 140LM
Back trunk light: 1x Festoon 31mm 3SMD5730 LED 6000K 2W 150LM
License Plate lights: 2x GOK T10 6SMD5730 LED 6000K 2W 300LM

The front and dome lights were very easy to change, a simple plastic tool would do. The back trunk light was a little harder, needed a very thin screwdriver. And the license plate lights were the hardest, specially putting them back in, but after a few tries managed to do it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Today after 24 hours of ownership, i installed a KENU Airbase Magnetic since my KENU vent holder wont hold my iPhone 8 correctly. Also i took her on a small trip around town. Looking for some window tint in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I almost got screwed!!

I created myuvo.com account yesterday and found a part that let me "lock" the car. I thought...weird, I thought it was locked, but I clicked to lock it.

This morning, I turned car on, but it wouldn't go into gear. It took me a little while to figure out that the lock I had clicked must have locked the car from being in operation. I couldn't find anything "on the car" that would unlock it, so I had to go back to my iPad in the house, where I'd done it before to unlock it before it would engage and work again.

That scared me for a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got my luggage racks and installed them... now i have to figure out where to place them so they don’t whistle since I can’t seem to find that information anywhere!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts