Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do all my charging in my garage at home, but feel like I am supposed to put the charging cord back in the case each time after use and put it back in my car. I just got the car and wonder how long before I just start leaving it in my garage. What do you do with your cord? Should I continue putting it back in the case and back in my car each day?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I leave my cable in the garage, but have considered getting a second to keep in the car. If I travel, I throw the cord in the car again, but I otherwise like to just pull into the garage and plug in. I also have a charging station available at work.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I do all my charging in my garage at home, but feel like I am supposed to put the charging cord back in the case each time after use and put it back in my car. I just got the car and wonder how long before I just start leaving it in my garage. What do you do with your cord? Should I continue putting it back in the case and back in my car each day?
my cable has never seen the case since the first day. Why take it with you if you only charge at home?

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
It's alway's in his case in the trunk of the car.! I only used it once.. have a level 2 at home..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a level 2 charger as well. The 110 stays in the car in the case. I have a connector for the plug and hook to loop the level 2 charger onto. I have a 40' cable, so definitely needed something to manage it.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Same here. I used the L1 cord for the first week or so while waiting for my L2 to arrive. Since then the L1 has remained in its case in the trunk. But while I was using it, it stayed in the garage. There was nowhere I would need to use it away from home.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the end draped over a standing fan by the plug. I lift it off the fan and drape it over the car to plug it in (plug is on the passenger side).

·
Registered
300 Posts
Plug it into an outlet close to your car. Then install a bike hook/hanger near by at a convenient height and wrap it around to keep the cord and plug from from getting underfoot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts