Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Asked Kia on Facebook. It's literally just the red glow on the buttons/switches/ports when the headlights are on. Would be cooler if the screens also had a red theme, otherwise it's just the color that the buttons are vs mood lighting.
Yes, as the picture shows.. it's the "red" lite color on the knobs and buttons..

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
If lighting is to be mood lighting it requires a change of color. Accent lights do not require a change of color. Backlights for buttons are not mood lighting. I think the FB poster is just wrong. Just like the manual often is.
And we all know that you are the only one right! ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's the official Kia representative's answer, so I'll take it as a fact,especially in the absence of anything else that fits the description.
If lighting is to be mood lighting it requires a change of color. Accent lights do not require a change of color. Backlights for buttons are not mood lighting. I think the FB poster is just wrong. Just like the manual often is.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
It's the official Kia representative's answer, so I'll take it as a fact,especially in the absence of anything else that fits the description.
Yep!

but, the only "mood lighting" real option as we speak is on the EV SX Touring in Canada and the Ex Premium in the States on the transmission knob and around the transmission cluster. it's really cool to have.!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
So every car sold has mood lighting then. Same color for every mood, just like a mood ring. Kia must have installed changing colored lights in the Soul and called them mood lights in error. But sure, take the word of some internet poster, sure to be 100% right 100% of the time. Wait, that would include me!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts