Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just out of curiosity, do other Kia models have side view mirrors that fold in and out when you lock/unlock the doors, or is the Niro the only one that can "wiggle its ears"? I haven't seen any other Kia models in the parking lot at work with folded-in mirrors, but it's probably not a representative sample of late-model Kias.
The Optima EX/SX and Forte EX does have that feature...................

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's the bigger of the 2 levers and you just pull it up a few times and voila the P seat comes up about an inch or so... Again unlisted as a P seat adjustment in the 2 inch Owner's book!!
Thank you so much for posting this!! I was looking for a way to raise the height of the passenger seat, and was frustrated that it didn't seem possible. I've driven the new EX for only a few days and may have stumbled upon it myself eventually, but you just saved me the effort. :)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I stumbled on the height adjustment for the driver seat accidentally myself and was delighted. I like the extra inch of height for comfort and visibility. I assumed my base LX wouldn't have it, and had never heard of a manual seat height adjustment before - I always thought that feature was limited to electrically controlled seats, if then.

The downside to height adjustment is that the armrests are not attached to the seat. Fit has apparently have been designed for typical Koreans and not Westerners. Both left and right armrests are too low even with the seat all the way down for this normal sized American 5' 10". No overhead handle to rest my left arm on the drivers side of my LX either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re love or hate

The only thing that I find a little . bit annoying is the 18 inch wheels on the sx touring .we wanted all of the options except fo those big wheels .on or around Halloween we will putting n our winter tires on 16inch steelies.I guess that should give us some idea of ride with smaller wheel. Everything else on this car find pretty amazing . It is pretty remarkable to us to get better mileage in driving from light to light than she we took a trip this last summer on the interstate in Minnesota.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The only thing that I find a little . bit annoying is the 18 inch wheels on the sx touring .we wanted all of the options except fo those big wheels .on or around Halloween we will putting n our winter tires on 16inch steelies.I guess that should give us some idea of ride with smaller wheel. Everything else on this car find pretty amazing . It is pretty remarkable to us to get better mileage in driving from light to light than she we took a trip this last summer on the interstate in Minnesota.
I've driven Niros with 18" & 16" wheels. I found the road noise and ride comfort significantly better with 16s. I found the 18" ones barely tolerable whereas the 16s were far more pleasant.

Besides the diameter, the 18s are 45 series (vs 60 series for 16s) and the 18" tire / wheel combo on the Touring is about 5-6 lbs heavier for one compared to the 16s. All those factors contribute to a less pleasant ride for the Touring. On the other hand, as you race around town, the Touring might have somewhat better cornering capability with the wider tires. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think sometime before spring we are going to change out those 18 in wheels and tires .I like the look of those wheels though and don't want the base wheels with wheel covers . The roads in Winnipeg are the worst that I've seen of the places I've been to. The funny thing is that I've been telling people I know for years that large wheel are all show and don't make a whole lot of sense. I can say one thing though our niro rides a heck of a lot better than our neighbors 2013 soul does on 18 inch wheels on really bad streets of winnipeg. I appreciate the feedback on the difference in wheel size feel.?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I've driven Niros with 18" & 16" wheels. I found the road noise and ride comfort significantly better with 16s. I found the 18" ones barely tolerable whereas the 16s were far more pleasant.

Besides the diameter, the 18s are 45 series (vs 60 series for 16s) and the 18" tire / wheel combo on the Touring is about 5-6 lbs heavier for one compared to the 16s. All those factors contribute to a less pleasant ride for the Touring. On the other hand, as you race around town, the Touring might have somewhat better cornering capability with the wider tires. ;)
18" will handle better and stop faster in the summer. Otherwise, all negatives (comfort, noise, mpg) unless you like the looks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
18" will handle better and stop faster in the summer. Otherwise, all negatives (comfort, noise, mpg) unless you like the looks.

I definitely prefer the looks of 18s' and appreciate the "flatter" turns around the corners/ramps. I am used to tighter suspension and I feel more confident in all weather condition compare to the tires with "longer" sidewall.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The EV Touring here in Canada has 17 x 7J allow rims with Michelin Primacy MXV4 P215/55 R17 tires.
I definitely hear the noise produced by the tires, but that should be no surprise as apart from wind noise the car isn't producing any noise :)
Maybe if you don't like the 18" you could get the 17" rims?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts