• EX

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Touring

Votes: 4 25.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah. but the dealer made sure they got the most money out of me and put me right at what I could afford. I'm not a good negotiator.
Never, ever, tell them how much you can pay per month. Always talk total price and come in with your research and the price you will pay. If they won't match the offer, walk out the door. They will call you if they want to sell a vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Never, ever, tell them how much you can pay per month. Always talk total price and come in with your research and the price you will pay. If they won't match the offer, walk out the door. They will call you if they want to sell a vehicle.
Great advice! Those guys at the dealerships are sharks in their business, it's enough for them to know your income to manipulate the price of the vehicle you're looking to buy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife and I bought a PHEV during COVID, and were prepared to get any level of trim, but I really wanted Smart Cruise Control and Apple Car Play. Other than that, I just wanted a super efficient plug-in hybrid.

The 2019 LE did everything we wanted. I was blown away by some of the nice features that I would have thought were extra, but they came with it. All of the sophisticated "safety" features were included, like the emergency braking alarm, stay in the lane reminders, and a really good backup camera. I know; perhaps I should have expected these items, but I feel they were above what I think of as the entry-level car.

I think we saved about $2500 compared to the next level up, and perhaps $4500 from two levels up. I frankly don't know what else I would have paid more to get.

Chuck
Santa Cruz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.