Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emperor Niro or (Nero) He is best known for his debaucheries, political murders, persecution of Christians and a passion for music that led to the probably apocryphal rumor that Nero “fiddled” while Rome burned during the great fire of 64 A.D.
So why on Gods green earth did KIA in there ultimate wisdom call a vehicle NIRO?
All I do is go shopping and run the kids around a bit like Niro if he was a 50 year old man in the modern world. Quite a demise for one so mentality challenged.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So why on Gods green earth did KIA in there ultimate wisdom call a vehicle NIRO?

I have often wondered this exact same thing.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,589 Posts
I think you're reaching here. Simply because a name has a similar sound to another doesn't make them equate. If they had spelled it the same, then you maybe have an argument. And Tom has a point. When a non-English speaking company names something, they might not even recognize the similarity.

·
Registered
2020 Niro PHEV LXS
57 Posts
Niro (I believe 'Nilo' in Korean) is Water. Its a "blue" reference.

'Kia' itself is 'ki' (to rise up) and 'A' (asia)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nova was something bad in Spanish too? I can't remember exactly what the controversy was.

·
Registered
94 Posts
In english nova is the explosion of a star . For a similar reason as nova in Spanish I believe that there was an issue with the name Lacrosse in Quebec.

·
Registered
2020 Niro PHEV LXS
57 Posts
I used to sell Lacrosse Equipment (never played) but the issue there was Ethnic. Lacrosse is named for the stick a Bishop carries (in french, La Croix). The Huron and Iriquois Natives used wooden sticks that looked like the bishops hook, so that is where the name comes from.

I believe the issue arises when you point out that the early french were even worse to natives that most Europeans. Its named after a game played by an actively ethnically cleansed people.

Almost as silly as a crazy emperor or yet another synonym for ' Horse.'

I feel this link is necessary as well:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts