Kia Niro Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
365 Posts
I didn't know the Canadian specifics. Heard something once, and every time I cross the border it looks like 90% plus cars on the road have their lights on. My bad. Perhaps running lights substitute for headlights?
Yes, I am seeing a lot of Canadian cars that now have LED's around or near the headlights that are the daytime running lights.

·
Registered
Niro HEV, 2020, Dynamic Link, UVO, EPB, 10"-AVN, Navi
142 Posts
During the last AVN update (it took 1,5h) in the car with headlights on, also here the ICE stops several times and my Niro was only using EV mode. But that's quite normal and nothing does happen to connected electrical equipment, because it is powered by 12V (exact 12.7V till 13.7V) ...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Has anyone tried leaving their headlights on all the time as a means to keep the 12v battery charged?

I do this all the time and have never seen the 12v battery voltage dip below 13.4 volts. So keeping your headlights on will ensure the 12v battery stays charged all the time.
how do you see the 13.4 volts?

·
Registered
296 Posts
how do you see the 13.4 volts?
The only time I see voltage go down that low is when I have the stereo blasting and the bass turned way up. For reference, I have an aftermarket subwoofer and amplifier that when cranked, can pull 100 amps.

Typically, the voltage stays between 13.9-13.7 volts. The remote level control for the amplifier has a built in volt gauge that was calibrated with my Fluke multimeter so I know the reading is 100% correct.

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
365 Posts
The only time I see voltage go down that low is when I have the stereo blasting and the bass turned way up. For reference, I have an aftermarket subwoofer and amplifier that when cranked, can pull 100 amps.

Typically, the voltage stays between 13.9-13.7 volts. The remote level control for the amplifier has a built in volt gauge that was calibrated with my Fluke multimeter so I know the reading is 100% correct.
So, if you have your sub blasting, you don't have to turn on your headlights...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts