Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I periodically ride my bike past my Kia dealer. Their main lot and back lot is always full of Niros. Currently they have 18 HEVs, 9 PHEVs, 22 EVs. Another dealer 15 miles away show 44 EVs, 9 HEVs, & 5 PHEVs.
My impression is that they are not selling many. Looking on line at inventory and prices, I see lots of listed for $3-$7K below MSRP. If I were in the market for a Niro, unless there is something extra special about the 2021 model (doesn't seem likely), I'd be looking for real deal on one that has been sitting on the lot for months rather than looking to purchase a 2021.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I periodically ride my bike past my Kia dealer. Their main lot and back lot is always full of Niros. Currently they have 18 HEVs, 9 PHEVs, 22 EVs. Another dealer 15 miles away show 44 EVs, 9 HEVs, & 5 PHEVs.
My impression is that they are not selling many. Looking on line at inventory and prices, I see lots of listed for $3-$7K below MSRP. If I were in the market for a Niro, unless there is something extra special about the 2021 model (doesn't seem likely), I'd be looking for real deal on one that has been sitting on the lot for months rather than looking to purchase a 2021.
Where are you located?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,273 Posts
His info says he's in Seattle.
Yeah, but there's well over a dozen dealerships just in the greater Seattle area. There's 3-4 within 10 miles or so of my location (Auburn). He needs to be a bit more specific about where. :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
N Seattle area

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm in Massachusetts and there are NO ads for Niro around here.
How can they sell cars when people don't know about them?
In 17 and 18 there were a few, then in 19 when the commercials for SUVs were on tv they might show a Niro on the end of the line without being named. When the 20 lines came out, the Niro wasn't even in the pictures.

·
Registered
20 Posts
People and dealers are unsure what the hybrid or electric tax credits are going to look like. In past years PHEV and EVs could see as much as 10K back here (in colorado) and that offsets the costs. But with the state of things these days, these breaks could get very small, very fast. They already got a lot smaller.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed the same thing regarding the discounts and also lease deals. One dealer outside of Seattle offered fully loaded EVs (Ex Premium) for $335/month and a PHEV (Ex Premium) for $278/month, both 3 year leases with 12k miles per year and $3500 down. These leases moved quickly (one is left), but many other Niro remain on the lot at a discount.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts