Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a "YEE PIN Niro 2020 Screen Protector for 2020 2021 Kia Niro Uvo Navigation Touchscreen Premium Tempered Glass 9H Hardness Screen Protector Shock Resistan (8 Inch)" from Amazon, but it is about 1/2" too long and 1/4" too wide, so I returned it. Does anyone have a source with item number of one that will fit properly within the bezel?
Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that my display measures about 197 x 125mm (7 3/4" x 4 29/32"). I may be off up to 2 mm or 2/32".

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,749 Posts
Most screen protectors for tablets like an iPad could probably be cut to fit. As long as it's designed for a touchscreen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most screen protectors for tablets like an iPad could probably be cut to fit. As long as it's designed for a touchscreen.
I'd prefer to get a glass (9H hardness), instead of a plastic film that can scratch, that fits my vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,749 Posts
I understand. I read the description of the Yee screen protector, and I'm wondering how it preserves touch control through a glass sheet. I see the reviews aren't too kind, mostly that it doesn't fit the screen they claim. I have my doubts it would be much more robust than a plastic film, but I could be wrong. And yes, a plastic film can scratch. But it's easily replaceable. And easy to source. :)

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
325 Posts
We've had our 2019 PHEV for 2-1/2 years and the screen is like new. We do have one youngster at home who drives this vehicle more than anyone else. The screen is fine with no marks, all we do is clean with water when the car is washed.

I am curious about the need or concern for a screen protector on this tactile screen.

I do understand the need on phones which are constantly carried, dropped and constantly pushed all day long.

Am curious on how pushing the car screen with just your fingers would scratch the screen?

Unlike phones cars are left out in weather extremes - below 0 temps and in excess of 100 degree temps. I wonder if the addition of a screen protector would impede the touch operation in extreme cold. Last winter in the extreme cold stretch we had our Niro screen was not responding to our touches immediately- when it warmed up after driving it was fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We've had our 2019 PHEV for 2-1/2 years and the screen is like new. We do have one youngster at home who drives this vehicle more than anyone else. The screen is fine with no marks, all we do is clean with water when the car is washed.

I am curious about the need or concern for a screen protector on this tactile screen.

I do understand the need on phones which are constantly carried, dropped and constantly pushed all day long.

Am curious on how pushing the car screen with just your fingers would scratch the screen?

Unlike phones cars are left out in weather extremes - below 0 temps and in excess of 100 degree temps. I wonder if the addition of a screen protector would impede the touch operation in extreme cold. Last winter in the extreme cold stretch we had our Niro screen was not responding to our touches immediately- when it warmed up after driving it was fine.
My wife drives my car quite often and has long fingernails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts