Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone performed any window tinting for heat (sun) and windshield glare. Would appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
173 Posts
my '18 EX has all the tinting I need, all the windows have some form of tint. for the windshield, I would recommend Pinnacle "Clear Blue 80". I enjoyed it on my Gen II for 8 years, worked so well I would consider it again!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last year I had all windows on Niro tinted. The windshield is a new type of tint...visually, it’s clear! But it reduces UV rays by 50%. After two hot Southern Cali summers of use, the windshield tint is well worth it! It really works.However, the windshield tint alone was $110. It was pretty new in May 2017 but after this much times has elapsed it’s probably much cheaper than $110. All other glass was $95

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure about windows being tinted or just factory dyed glass, my Kia dealer told me that my windows were not tinted but dyed instead.
I have been looking into the clear windshield film and have found several with a lot of different and expensive prices, so still looking. We live in Henderson Nv. so heat is also a factor in what to do. I just wish I could believe everything I have heard from the different tinting businesses. Still gathering ideas and facts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last year I had all windows on Niro tinted. The windshield is a new type of tint...visually, it’s clear! But it reduces UV rays by 50%. After two hot Southern Cali summers of use, the windshield tint is well worth it! It really works.However, the windshield tint alone was $110. It was pretty new in May 2017 but after this much times has elapsed it’s probably much cheaper than $110. All other glass was $95
followed your advice and had the windshield and front 2 windows tinted. Have already noticed a difference in heat. I'm still wondering about the installation because of several bubbles and 2 areas that look to have hairs between the film and window. will follow up with results. Thanks for your reply to my question.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had all the windows tinted with Stratos 30 and the windshield with the nice clear stuff. It looks amazing and really helps with the heat, but of course it should considering it cost over 900 bucks.

This was on my white 2017 Touring with Tech Package.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts