Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at wheels to get rid on those hubcaps. Can't decide what looks best. The website I was on won't let me put the wheels on a Niro so I used a Sportage. What do you think?

Classic 5 spoke design, more traditional a little more 4 wheel drive muscular looking if a Niro CAN look muscular.

The 10 spoke, looks to me a little more luxury looking belongs on a Cadillac maybe. I like both just can't decide between the two.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If I had to make a choice, #2 is mine! Reason, the 5 spoke shows way too much brake rotor. when I looked at the pic, the first thing I keyed in on was that ugly rotor, then I noticed the wheel! The 10 spoke, barely noticed the rotor! It's good balance of spoke/rotor!! I imagine the 10 spoke is costlier than the 5, worth it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had to make a choice, #2 is mine! Reason, the 5 spoke shows way too much brake rotor. when I looked at the pic, the first thing I keyed in on was that ugly rotor, then I noticed the wheel! The 10 spoke, barely noticed the rotor! It's good balance of spoke/rotor!! I imagine the 10 spoke is costlier than the 5, worth it!
The 10 spoke is $5 more a wheel.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Take the hubcaps off. You may like the five spoke (I think) aluminum wheel underneath. Free! If you like black.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
A good polish might be difficult and very time consuming (expensive). Try bead blasting (similar to sand blasting). That makes a dull finish, but attractive. Your custom motorcycle shop probably does it.

I don't remember your car color, but keeping it black will set you apart from the common custom wheels. Should be stylish on any color. Kind of goes with most tires too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replacement Rims

Being somewhat of a wheel fetish, I found a set of cool (IMO) 16" rims on Ebay that I think will be perfect for my 2018 EX PHEV.
They are from a 2011-2013 Kia Optima Hybrid and I like the fact that they are aerodynamic. I haven't mounted them yet because I have winter tires on the OE rims and I'll mount the OE Michelin summer tires on the Optima rims when summer comes here in Minnesota (probably in July).

Kia p/n: 529104-U150 (Hollander #74654)
16x6.5
5x114.3 BC
41mm offset (Niro is 45mm)
67.1mm bore

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice find! I think they will look great on your Niro. Pls post pics after mounting Curious, what do they weight and what was the Ebay price with shipping?

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
I have keept my original alloy wheels with my winter tires and have those for the summer. (niro in the picture is my old 2018) Should by ok on my white phev.!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Being somewhat of a wheel fetish, I found a set of cool (IMO) 16" rims on Ebay that I think will be perfect for my 2018 EX PHEV.
They are from a 2011-2013 Kia Optima Hybrid and I like the fact that they are aerodynamic. I haven't mounted them yet because I have winter tires on the OE rims and I'll mount the OE Michelin summer tires on the Optima rims when summer comes here in Minnesota (probably in July).

Kia p/n: 529104-U150 (Hollander #74654)
16x6.5
5x114.3 BC
41mm offset (Niro is 45mm)
67.1mm bore
6.5" width? They look a lot wider than that. Do they need tires wider than 205?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice find! I think they will look great on your Niro. Pls post pics after mounting Curious, what do they weight and what was the Ebay price with shipping?

Thanks. I got a screamin' deal on eBay-$295 including shipping! Same weight. Pics to follow in the spring.:D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks. I got a screamin' deal on eBay-$295 including shipping! Same weight. Pics to follow in the spring.:D
Whoa, that most certainly is a scream deal!

Are you planning to use the OEM Michelin Energy Saving tires or something else?

Looking forward to you pics & report on how, if at all, they affect your mpg

·
Registered
377 Posts
Trucklover: one other question: Did they come with the TPMs? If not, can you take the TPM off your OEM wheels and have them installed on the Optima wheels? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trucklover: one other question: Did they come with the TPMs? If not, can you take the TPM off your OEM wheels and have them installed on the Optima wheels? Thanks

They did not come with TPMS, however they probably would be the wrong frequency. I didn't change over the TPMS to the Optima rims because I'm using the Niro rims for the winter tires. I ordered a new set of OE TPMS off eBay for about $55.00. Kia p/n 52933-D4100. 433mhz.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For the typical cost of polishing stock painted wheels, you can buy very nice custom alloy. Also one polisher told me that anything painted had to be stripped before polishing. There is an added cost.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Has anyone figured out how much running the stock wheels with the hubcaps removed reduces MPG?
Did you meaning ...running stock wheels withOUT hubcaps...? 0:)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts