Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Niro EX in Red with the Sunroof and Advanced Technology package. Demo USED 32 miles
Sticker price.......................$29085.
Dealer add on.....................$1267. Paint and fabric protection, spare tire, etc.
List price………………... $30352.
Sale price…………..…….$24520.
PA taxes/fees………….....$1710.20 Includes $239 paper work fee
Total……………...……..$26230.20
Down payment……….....$10000
Amount to finance……...$16230.20

I don't want any of the added on stuff but they won't go any lower on price.
Because it's considered use I can't get the 0% financing
It's the color I want and with gray interior I want
I feel it's good deal, I just think it could be better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you checked to see what they would do on a 2018 model? I feel that is still kind of high. I got a quote from a dealer for a 2018 EX Premium Package (all the bells and whistles) for $28K.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked to see what they would do on a 2018 model? I feel that is still kind of high. I got a quote from a dealer for a 2018 EX Premium Package (all the bells and whistles) for $28K.
I got a quote today on an 2018 with the technology package taking the $1,500 instead of the 0% financing and it was still $30,000

·
Registered
19 Posts
Remember your Warranty will not be the same because you are not the Original Owner. Losing out on the Rebate also. Dealer add-ons are high. I would walk away unless they give you the full 100,000 mile Warranty.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I just got almost 12% off an LX with tech. $26,020 MRSP less $3,100 cash deal (plus $200 doc fee) and was quoted a $300 better deal $400 miles away. Higher levels of trim have more margin and even higher percentage discounts should be possible. Start with Truecar locally and expand. Then you have some real numbers as a starting point (four dealers I talked to subtracted port installed cruft on top) with some documented discounts you can take elsewhere.

Besides a better warranty, the tech package for 2018 includes active lane keep assist. That could save you if your attention ever wanders to a map, cell phone, or conversation.

·
Registered
125 Posts
2017 Niro EX in Red with the Sunroof and Advanced Technology package. Demo USED 32 miles
Sticker price.......................$29085.
Dealer add on.....................$1267. Paint and fabric protection, spare tire, etc.
List price………………... $30352.
Sale price…………..…….$24520.
PA taxes/fees………….....$1710.20 Includes $239 paper work fee
Total……………...……..$26230.20
Down payment……….....$10000
Amount to finance……...$16230.20

I don't want any of the added on stuff but they won't go any lower on price.
Because it's considered use I can't get the 0% financing
It's the color I want and with gray interior I want
I feel it's good deal, I just think it could be better.
I would only do the deal if they gave you the full warranty and the APR isn't above 3%. Otherwise, I'd pay more for the "new" Niro.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would only do the deal if they gave you the full warranty and the APR isn't above 3%. Otherwise, I'd pay more for the "new" Niro.
That's a good question. I believe the terms of the full warranty (I don't have it in front of me) are that you have to be the first owner. Since this was a demo unit, I would presume you are indeed the first owner and it should apply. But I would see if they agree and get it in writing.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a good question. I believe the terms of the full warranty (I don't have it in front of me) are that you have to be the first owner. Since this was a demo unit, I would presume you are indeed the first owner and it should apply. But I would see if they agree and get it in writing.
You are correct I would be the first to title the car and would get the full warranty.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I decided to buy it, now the nightmare of buying a car 400 miles away. I got a shipping quote of $355. I did get the Niro about $300 less than the quote. I had them take the spare tire out for $300. I will buy the one online for $189 from KIA superstore if I think I need one. My Corvette has on spare and I don't carry one in my truck either. They put the inflater kit back in it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is a good deal. Good color combination too.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
If you have the Niro warranty as you say, you also have free roadside service. Consider tossing the repair kit too, I think I will. You don't really want to use it, it may not work, and it may require replacing your tire pressure monitors. I have to do some more research myself about their roadside service. I should probably terminate my AAA membership. Used three of my four annual tows already (one for a friend's car). But I also use them for my car and home insurance. Decisions! But I was going to hang on to my beater for general extended family use when they need an extra car. So maybe I'll keep it.

I could have bought my same exact Niro 400 miles away for around $300 less. The sales person said it wasn't really worth it for me to fly there (although I love going to the DC area). And it is a long way to go to find that something is wrong with the deal or the car. You are brave! Hope it works smoothly with good outcome for you.

Enjoy! I've loved the last 48 hours with mine. One or two annoying things I will be able to work through, adjust to, or fix.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish I could have found one closer. If I need any Kia service I will have a small problem because the only two dealers around here are 70 miles away in opposite directions

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Hmm. You might need AAA after all. I believe Kia roadside has a 30 mile towing limit. You can go further but the per mile overage charge will be expensive. I have some sort of upgraded membership that allows 100 mile towing. About $100 a year I think.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I decided to buy it, now the nightmare of buying a car 400 miles away. I got a shipping quote of $355. I did get the Niro about $300 less than the quote. I had them take the spare tire out for $300. I will buy the one online for $189 from KIA superstore if I think I need one. My Corvette has on spare and I don't carry one in my truck either. They put the inflater kit back in it.
You might want to see if you could fly or take a train anywhere near the dealer. RT flights are pretty cheap now. Even a Greyhound bus if you want to save more money. Or have someone give you a ride, even better because if the deal fell through you'd have a ride back. Me personally, I would always want to see, examine and drive a car in the flesh before I bought it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Been a while since I have looked at this forum. Congrats on your purchase!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts